Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Flowers Blooming in End of Summer Garden

Chrysanthemum falls flower

This week I have a few flowers blooming in my garden but not many. The weather has been cooler than usual at night and my zinnias and coneflowers did start to die off so I cut them and collected the seeds. 

 My four O'clocks started to go into seed, but there are still a few blooms. Other than that the sweet autumn clematis is in bloom, a few belladonnas, and the cosmos are in bloom.   The yellow chrysanthemums are covered with buds and blooms and they will surely look pretty throughout the fall season. 

In my herb garden, there are a few blooms; peppermint and chamomile and they look pretty.  I looked for the toad lilies but they did not come up this year. I suppose the winter was too harsh last year or perhaps a cat dug them up.  

This week I am enjoying the end of summer/early autumn blooms. How about you, what is blooming in your flower garden this week?


Here are some photographs of the end-of-summer flowers.

Sweet autumn clematis on trellis

Four O'Clock flowers by the garden wall


No comments: