Thursday, March 31, 2016

Walkers Low Catmint

A few years ago I bought walkers low catmint online at Greenwood Nursery. They shipped me very healthy potted plants, that had green leaves and pretty flowers. These plants were added to my garden and they bloomed throughout the summer season.
Photographs of the catnip plants I bought from Greenwood Nursery.  This is how they looked on the day I received them.  I definitely recommend this online nursery for your garden needs.


By the second season, these six plants put out runners and filled in a space of 4 x 4, forming a thick mat of green foliage and pretty lavender-blue flowers. The flowers bloomed continually in May and June, then I deadheaded the plants, fed them with miracle grow bloom booster and the catmint bloomed again.
What I like about this plant is that it is maintenance-free and pest resistant and it attracts butterflies and hummingbirds to my yard. 

I would recommend that you plant in full sun, although it will tolerate some shade in the afternoon. My summers get very hot and where I have planted the catmint there is part shade at the peak of the day followed by the late afternoon sun. On average the plants get 6 hours of sun daily. My garden soil is well-drained and I water this catmint in the morning with a slow drip soaking hose for one hour. By afternoon the soil is dry and I have found that the catmint can hold up and is tolerant of dry soil conditions.

Learn more about this beautiful perennial for your garden here


No comments: