Diatomaceous earth food grade is a natural home and garden pest control. It will get rid of; fleas, ticks spiders, mites, lice, webworms, bed bugs, cockroaches, aphids and powdery mildew without harming your pets or children.
For natural pest control, I apply diatomaceous earth food grade with a duster application. It is best to cover your entire yard and gardens with the dust or you can mix the DE into the soil.
Food grade that is 100 percent pure with no additives is the only formula that I will use because it is safe for wildlife, humans and pets.
I also found diatomaceous earth food grade at ebay.com They sell the brand Perma Guard Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth 10 ounces.
- Diatomaceous earth food grade is fossilized skeletons of tiny aquatic organisms. The earth is processed into a fine white powder that is best applied with a duster.
- The earth is effective in killing the insects with the razor sharp edges of the skeletons. The insects including bed bugs are killed when they come in contact with the earth, they are killed physically not chemically.
- You can mix diatomaceous earth with pet food to kill hookworms You can also add the earth to a shaker container and shake onto your pet's fur. The diatomaceous earth food grade will kill fleas, ticks, mites, and lice. Learn more here
- For yard and garden treatment I recommend that you use a ventilator mask when you are dusting your yard or garden. If wildlife; raccoon, possum, fox, and deer enter your yard it is wise to reapply the earth every 4 to 6 weeks.
- When shopping for DE look for the words organic, or pet safe on the package.