|Herbs grown in containers|
- Check to see if any of the plants are root bound or in need of a new container. Transplant now if needed with new soil.
- For all other container gardens; look over your plants to make sure there are no grasshoppers, snails, or spiders.
- I found spiders and fleas on my plants and treated them all with a soap soak to get rid of all unwanted garden pests on the leaves and then I mixed a handful of spent coffee grounds into the soil.
- You do not want your plants to go into shock due to a change of outdoor and indoor temperature, so bring them in before it gets too cold outdoors. Best to bring the plants in before you turn on your furnace heat.
- Pick plastic drain saucers to protect your floor from water stains. Find them garden centers; Lowe's, Home Depot and Walmart may have some also.
- If you cannot find saucers put containers in plastic under the bed storage container. You will be able to fit a few small pots in one container.