The dog kennel is a great way to protect your yard and gardens from your family dog. A dog that has limited space will not transplant your flowers, dig trenches in your yard or chew or trample your gardens and thus a kennel is a necessity. However in order to make the kennel eye appealing you will need to be creative and choose kennel materials that do not interfere with your landscape. Follow these tips to Improve your dog kennels appearance so that it adds curb appeal to home.
Choosing Dog Kennel Location
Improve the appearance of your chain link dog run or kennel by installing a kennel deck. The deck is a good way to stop your dogs from digging in the kennel. The custom fit deck flooring will comfort your dog by keeping them warmer in winter and cooler in summer. The deck flooring is easy to install and is less money than pouring a cement floor.
- Make the dog kennel attractive by planting evergreen hedges or shrubs in front of the chain link fencing.
- Plant a fast growing shrub such as the Arborvitae Emerald Green. The shrubs block the view and will buffer the barking dogs. The evergreen hedge will also insulate the kennel by blocking wind, snow, ice and add shade to the kennel. When you look at your yard you will no longer view a six foot chain link kennel but instead you will see an evergreen hedge.
- Camouflage kennel with sweet autumn clematis or honeysuckle. These fast growing vines will cover the chain link fencing with lush greenery and sweetly scented flowers.
- Attach a trellis to the fence and then plant vines 18 inches apart. Grow vines in a sunny location with well drained soil. Apply mulch to keep the roots shaded and cool.
- Conceal the dog kennel by landscaping with ornamental grasses. Choose the varieties of grasses that exceed six feet in height; fountain, feather reed or zebra grass and grow them in the border.
- Plant medium height oriental fountain grass Karley Rose in the front of the tall varieties and then in the front plant blue fescue or liriope grass. An ornamental grass garden will improve the appearance of dog kennel. The grass looks attractive summer through early winter. Prune in early spring.
Notes by Sgolis:
The owner of the company gives personalized service, normally you do not find this at a website or even at a hometown garden center. So if you are looking for landscape plants for your dog kennel then I recommend shopping at greenwood nursery.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Yard and Garden Secrets Blog.