Get the growing site ready by removing the grass and loosen the soil to six inches. Mix an inch of compost or organic matter into the soil and also add a time-release fertilizer. Wet the soil so that it is evenly moist but not wet prior to planting.
- Grow ajuga amongst Hosta, Fern and Astilbe
- Plant under shrubs or trees
- Fifty plants cover 200 square feet
- Ajuga is good for erosion control
- A low growing ground cover for zone 3-9
- Apply a layer of straw to protect ajuga during winter, remove the straw in early spring.