Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Back to Basics Deer Repellent That Works

 

My home was built directly next to the woods and the deer think my yard is their yard.  

 





We love the wildlife but draw the line when it comes to our raised garden beds on our patio.  We think that is off limits and that the deer need to stay away from the patio next to our home.

 


We have tried pepper solutions, bells, wind chimes, and chicken wire but none of them have repelled the deer from our patio gardens.


 

Then in the fall I shopped at big lots and found decorative scarecrows.  I put them in my planters and to my surprise the deer stayed away from them.  A simple and basic scarecrow is what kept the deer away from my patio and surrounding yard.

 


Know that the deer are very afraid of the scarecrows especially on a windy day when their hair and arms have movement.

 

The deer will stomp their hooves onto the ground, snort and turn away from my patio gardens.  The scarecrows are a simple and basic way to deter wildlife. Even the raccoon stay away from the scarecrows. 

No comments: