Hire a gardener that is dedicated and is knowledgeable in their profession.
Basic Gardener's Checklist
- Weeding; pull weeds from all of the gardens.
- Deadhead all spent blooms.
- Put seed in envelope, mark the outside of the envelope the type of seed. File seed in garden shed.
- Check all gardens for pests.
- Remove garden pests by treating the area Diatomaceousearth food grade dusting.
- Fertilize flowers monthly during the blooming season
- Prune dead branches from shrubs and plants.
- Apply mulch to the gardens, around the shrubs and the trees.
- Water the lawn and gardens once a week with 1 inch of water.
- Water all flowers, coleus and hosta, and container gardens so that soil is evenly moist..
- Meet with the gardener face to face and walk through your yard. Ask them for their work background and for three references. Call all references to discuss the gardener’s performance.
- Decide if you want to hire the gardener with a contract. Hire them for a specific job and agree on the costs or pay them hourly.