Monday, May 16, 2016

Colonial Home Front Yard Landscape Project

A friend of mine asked me to help her with the curb appeal of her home. She had just bought a Colonial-style home that desperately needed landscaping. I love this type of work so I asked her to take some photographs of the front of her home and send them to me.

Once I saw the home I knew immediately what would improve the appearance and what would make it warm and welcoming, But before I got to work I asked her what her vision was. I noted her requests and then got to work on creating a digital landscape rendering,


Here is a photograph of the colonial split-level house. It desperately needs to be re-landscaped with perennial flowers, evergreen shrubs, and rock with a stepping stone walkway that has a bend.


It took me seven hours to create a landscape rendering for this home.  I raised both sides of the lawn area in the front to create feature gardens. In the garden by the porch 9 x 10 garden was added that featured evergreen shrubs, lilyturf, ornamental grass, and perennial flowers. The garden plants were spaced according to allow for growth. Then mulch was used and a few rocks for interest.
A rock border was used to create a stone walkway to the driveway, This walkway was outlined with perennial lilyturf.
To create a welcoming entrance an urn planter was added by the door and a 3-piece bistro-style outdoor table along with hanging flower and fern planters.
The gardens used in this landscape set to feature 4- seasons of plants, for every season the garden would be interesting and a focal point of beauty, 

Here are the two landscape designs that I created.  In comparison to the first photo, the updates really make this home look appealing.  It now has tremendous curb appeal. 



You can add curb appeal by updating the entrance of your home.  Here is a video that will show you how to










No comments: