Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Season Gardening Checklist

Now that spring has come to an end, I find that I need to get my garden ready for summer. Today I went into the garden with a clipboard so I could make a checklist.   

Before I knew it my list was two pages long and I knew by looking at the lists of tasks that I would need my husband  help to get the gardens manicured and ready the summer season.

My yard and garden checklist:

  1. Cut back spent flower blooms
  2. Remove all weeds and grasses from flower gardens by doing a hand pull
  3. Prune spring blooming shrubs
  4. Cut back overgrowth on trees
  5. Plant zinnia flower seeds 
  6. Update Moroccan tile planter gardens with heat seeking petunia wave flowers or sun loving herbs
  7. Add a thick layer of organic mulch to all gardens, around shrubs and trees
  8. Use vinegar solution to kill weeds growing in garden paths and flagstone patio
  9. Remove spring tree droppings from gutters
  10. Control yard and garden pests; mosquitoes, fleas, ticks and chiggers with organic pest control; garlic or Diatomaceous  Earth food grade.
  11. Add outdoor accessories and patio lights to make the yard and garden more appealing
Note: A good way to get garden jobs done is to divide the yard into sections, then complete one section before moving on to the next one.

No comments: