|ENGLISH LAVENDER GROW FROM SEED|
- Grow lavender in a sunny location that has sandy soil that is well drained.
- Lavender prefers a location where the soil is dry. If the root receives too much moisture it will rot.
- Start the lavender seeds indoors 8 to 12 weeks prior to the last spring frost. The best way to achieve this is to plant the seeds in starter kits.
- Grow lavender indoors in a windowsill herb garden.
- Set the container garden next to a window that has a southern exposure or you can grow lavender under an artificial grow light. It takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks for the lavender seed to germinate.
- When plants are four to six inches in height transplant them outdoors after the threat of spring frost has past.
Introduction photo by Heron/ Wikipedia Creative Commons