Saturday, January 30, 2016

Garden Design - Small Space Gardening

Today one of my friends contacted me and asked me if they could hire me to design a garden for their front entrance.  My friend has always loved spending time in her garden but due to illness, she had to sell her home and move into a townhouse which gave her limited space for gardening.

She went on to say that from her front window all she saw was a patch of grass, a stone walkway, and then a sidewalk followed by parked cars.  This landscape was not eyed appealing to her and she felt her home looked cold and unwelcoming.

When I asked what she preferred her response was colorful flowers that would attract butterflies, window boxes, perennials, Hosta plants a water fountain to attract the birds. Basically, she desired a sensory garden in her front yard.  I noted her requests and went to my digital design board.  Took the time to create a bird and butterfly garden that would appeal to her needs.

Sensory garden design for the front of a townhouse





Home Entrance with Garden by sgolis 

No comments: