Many people grow peppermint for it medicinal properties; peppermint is a natural treatment for indigestion, heartburn, headache, nausea and the oil of the peppermint will heal acne. You can also use peppermint to sweeten beverages , and to garnish many culinary dishes. The benefits of peppermint are many so it is wise to plant some peppermint seeds in your garden or indoors on a sunny southern exposed windowsill garden.
Peppermint flowers by: work by Wikipedia
- Keep roots cool by adding a pine bark mulch or leaf mulch around the peppermint.
- Water mint at the soil line in the morning and keep the soil evenly moist.
- Peppermint will bloom in mid to late summer
- Divide and transplant in the spring to prevent overcrowding.
- For small yards or apartments grow peppermint in a container and set next to a southern exposed window or under a grow light.
- Watch for rust; patches of orange red on the back of the leaves. Remove all rust infected plants and get rid of them. Watering mint in evening will cause rust so don’t do it.