Vinca benefits the gardener who needs to cover ground with eye appealing green color. I grow vinca minor under shrubs or on my shady slope. This plant will cover bare spots very quickly by forming a dense mat.
My husband likes it growing on the rocky slope because he no longer has to mow and I do not have to weed the vinca minor garden as it chokes out weeds. I also grow vinca up against my rock wall. In this section of my yard I planted daffodil bulbs and in the spring when the flowers bloom the purple blooms of vinca look beautiful at the base of the daffodils. Here are my photographs of Vinca Minor that grows in my gardens.
Learn more about vinca minor by viewing this YouTube video:
- Good plant for erosion control.
- Fully grown plants are six inches in height.
- Vinca grows in thick. It will choke out plants and weeds.
- Vinca minor can become invasive. Divide and transplant in spring
- Vinca is deer resistant.
- Grows well in USDA growing zones 3 to 8
- Vinca is native to central and southern Europe.