Monday, November 24, 2014

Scotts Organics NaturesScapes Mulch Review


Today I went to Lowe's garden center to buy Scotts Organics NatureScapes Advanced Sierra Red Mulch. I used this mulch in the spring this year and really liked it and is my new favorite garden mulch.

What I like about the Scotts Organics mulch is that it does not fade under the hot sun. 

Yard and Garden Secrets
Here is a photo of my summer black-eyed Susan garden. I applied three layers of mulch and it naturally prevented weed growth. This saved me time and effort because I did not have to go out weekly to spot-check the gardens for weeds or annoying crabgrass.

Another benefit is that this mulch holds the water and released it into the soil when needed. I did not have to water my gardens daily throughout the hot summer months and the container garden plants did not wilt in the afternoon.


So today I mulched my flower gardens with 3 layers of Scott's Organics Sierra red mulch and this extra layer of mulch will protect my flower gardens from ice and snow this winter.





No comments: