How to Plant Chrysanthemum Potted Plant Outdoors
- For nursery grown plant or seedlings dig a hole that is the same depth as your nursery pot plus three inches.
- Make a small mound of soil in the center of the hole. This mound will lift the mum up and will aid in proper drainage.
- Set the mum plant in the center of the hole on top of the mound and back fill the soil into the hole.
- Firm the soil around the mum stem. Water the newly planted mum.
Planting Flower Seed Outdoors
Helpful Garden Tips:
- For fall flowers you would pinch off the mum buds when they appear. Stop pinching off buds in August. When you pinch the early buds off the plant will grow fuller and the flowers will be stunning in the fall.
- For all summer blooms water monthly with bloom boost. Always pinch off the spent flowers, this will encourage new buds.