Sunday, June 5, 2016

Garden Path Ideas



When I was a kid, my parents had a garden path along the side of the house, this path took us to the rose garden and to the patio. I liked the path because I did not have to walk on the grass and after rain, I did not have to worry about getting muddy shoes.

Our garden paths enabled me to pick roses without stepping on the ground, in addition, my parents could weed the gardens without getting grass stains on their clothes.

Growing up with garden paths meant that I would have them in my yard. Know that my garden paths have come a long way since I was a kid. My present home has many paths. Some are stone, others are pavers and we also have pea gravel and a path that is made from mulch.

Here is a photograph of my upper garden path that is in between the hosta garden and the irises. Then there is a cement block path that came with the house. The husband and I installed another path/patio out of the flagstone. This path leads to the mid-level cement patio.
photo by Sgolis

In the lower level of my yard, there is a stepping stone with a pea gravel path that takes you to the dog pen. The other path will take you to the back wildflower garden. This path is a cement capstone surrounded by mulch.
a photo by Sgolis


All of the paths in the yard are interesting, they define the garden and are also a benefit.

Learn more about garden paths by reading my how-to articles.





No comments: